My old website had been out of date for a long time. A couple of years ago I decided to refurbish it and replace Django with Sphinx (as the site is indeed completely static). This attempt resulted in two branches of the repo being developed simultaneously – at an incredibly slow pace, because vanilla Sphinx is not very suitable for personal websites. There is a variety of Sphinx-based tools. Choosing between them was a challenge, too.
Anyway, today I decided to try Tinkerer. Scrapped old stuff, copied some of it; mostly starting from scratch. Will see if it works.
After some fiddling with Fabric the site is finally up and running. Nice workflow.